Minutes for 2012-03-08
2011-2012 Administrative Cabinet
Contact LiaisonDavid Barahona
Publicity & Recruitment Chair
Membership ChairDonald Herman
Open Positions Alumni Advisor
ACM Meeting Agenda for Thursday, March 8th, 2012 at 1:00 PM in ECS-304
- CALL TO ORDER
- Roll Call
- Administrative Cabinet
- President: Present, 1:32 PM
- Vice: Present
- Treasurer: Not Present
- Secretary: Present
- Appointed Positions
- AESB Representative: Present
- Contact Liaison: Not Present
- Publicity & Recruitment Chair: Present
- Market Manager: Present, 1:16 PM
- Membership Chair: Not Present
- Historian: Not Present
- Office Technician:Present
- Webmaster: Present
- Project Managers (some not listed to avoid double counting officers/managers)
- Socie-D - Ben Chang: Not
- Women in Computing / Links for Good - Ariana
Aguirre: Not Present
- Augmented Ebay - Karan Bhandari: Present
- Approval of Agenda:
- Sal: I move to approve the agenda:
- Sal: Pass
- Ian: Pass
- Approval of the Minutes:
- Sal: I move to approve the minutes with amendments
- Sal: Pass
- James: Pass
- Roll Call
- Guest Introductions:
- Robert, Mechanical Engineering
- Chris, Accounting Major
- Sal: Minor in computer science. Mechanical Engineers will do a lot of coding. If you do that and a minor in a computer science, you do systems engineering.
- Officer Reports:
- Faculty Adviser:
- Remind Dr. Murgolo about our meetings:
- Sal: Nate needs to go over the BBQ.
- Surveillance Boost:
- Sal: Remember the camera we have lying around?
- Frank: Well, I may be able to get to it now.
I need to make sure we have enough wire. I
have more free time for ACM now.
- Sal: Frank you can handle this. I originally allocated 90 USD for black paper. I already gave Andrew 40 USD and I'm now giving Frank 40 USD. I still need to give him 10 USD.
- James: I have found Mike. He's willing to
say in one place for me to track him down.
- AESB Representative:
- Diana: We have a new secretary, Jairo Lopez.
ASI Secretary elections tomorrow, 3 are running.
- Publicity & Recruitment Chair:
- Sal: In terms of publicity;
- We have the guest speaker from Symantec.
- The week after, we're going to have a mentor meeting. If you have any expertise, feel free to come and mentor. We're going to have a reduced agenda next week for the speaker and we'rer going to organize the mentor meeting next week.
- Sal: Also, when you send out the newsletter,
let the subject be: "Guest Speaker from
Symantec; bring your resumes"
- Market Manager:
- Price Sign:
- James: I am printing it out today! I found out how to use mspaint.exe. I essentially took an excel sheet and put it in mspaint.exe and made it pretty. Now, who has been to the ASI treasury office? Well, there's a marquee that scrolls text, and they're not using it because it is a fire hazard. Now, we might be able to use it. How hard it would be to have someone to program it to update it from the web?
- Sal: It depends on it's API.
- Ian: It's possible.
- James: We're not able to have it out in the hall, do you guys want to do anything with it?
- Ian: It would be helpful, the ASCE sign is very deceptive.
- Membership Chair:
- Ian: Let's see. Facebook timeline is up. Frank's banner is nice. And as of last night, I have taken over the twitter account. Our twitter is alive.
- Frank: I have a bounty of videos, I need to put up all of the videos.
- James: We have 98 - Mbps up.
- Frank: !
- Office Technician:
- Shane: The scanner works, but do we want to take it apart?
- Sal: When I brought it in, the printer
doesn't work. But the scanner does. I know
we've been wanting a scanner for a while.
- Open Positions are available!
- Project/Committee Reports:
- Augmented Ebay Project:
- Karan: iPhone app has been accepted a week
ago. We're competing for a Chilean startup.
We've been having difficulties with our team. We
have some localization tasks, like we have to
consider the Chilean currency.
- Frank: Make sure you have logs and dates for
when you work on it. If you need help, be sure
to ask us. I wish you the best of luck.
- Programming Team:
- Keith: It's fun, it's on Thursday. We have fun, every Thursday.
- Sal: Don't we have to discuss potential prizes?
- Nathan: Yes. We need gift cards.
- - : What do you do in the programming team?
- Sal: They give you a bunch of problems, they are challenging. There is a lot of dimensional analysis. To join, you just need to go.
- Frank: You are there to get your butt kicked.
- It's from 7:30 - 9:30, ECS - 416
- [From Joshua] - SocieD team got a Windows 7
Phone from Jose Trujillo. It works great! Our
core gameplay is mostly complete. Players can
run the game from the ACM Windows 7 Computer.
- Crimes Against Humanity:
- Women in Computing Startup:
- Sal: Lina is having a baby shower, Wednesday.
We're thinking of a onsie with his name (Jeremy)
- Links For Good:
- David.: The redux has been taking up my time
this week. Next week, I'll be working on events.
- ACM Redux:
- David: I still need to talk to nationals about
fixing our domain.
- Thor, Bot of Thunder:
- Frank: Thor, I will be able to continue it on the 15th of March. We need saltwater, tin foil and bottles in series. We're going to have one giant capacitor. I may switch the transformer out for a neon transformer. A microwave transformer is about ~6000 V, a neon sign transformer is about ~12000 V.
- James: Did you make the GIF of winding wire?
- David: Not yet.
- Event/Fundraising Reports:
- Sal: I don't think I'll be doing the table thing
- Frank: I may do another LAN Party, perhaps on a
Friday. I'm going to see if I can extend it for a
longer time. It's a possibility.
- Old Business:
- New Business:
- ACM BBQ:
- Sal: So, what's going on?
- Frank: Cook and hang out?
- Nathan: I'm just going to cook.
- Karan: Pot luck?
- Frank: Yes, bring meat and we'll cook it.
- Sal: It's going to be at Nate's house. How
many people do you think are going?
I predict about 10-12 (most). There are people from UCR, UCI and CSUF. What time? It's going to be on the 24th.
- Sal: I'm thinking around 3 PM.
- VGA Cable for the Xbox:
- Frank: I'm bringing it.
- James: You have Xbox to VGA?
- Frank: Yes.
- Speaker from Symantec:
- Nathan: A speaker is coming next week. He's taking resumes. He's not a recruiter, but he has clout. He's a software developer, that's all he can tell us. Be there. He will be here for a half hour. He's a prior officer (Vice President). It is going to be in VEC-330. Same time, next week.
- Frank. Advertise that.
- Sal: Yes, so much yes. Flyers everywhere.
- Sal: April 9th is when it starts.
- Week 1. We open up nominations
- Week 2. Constitutional convention.
- Week 3. Elections
- Week 4. Official Transition Week
- Week 5. Group Photo
- Week 6. Finals
- May 14th Final Exams!
- Officer Reports:
- ADJOURNMENT - Meeting Adjourned 1:56 PM