Officers

Meeting Documents

Minutes for 2012-11-06

  1. Call to Order 1:05 pm

    1. Roll Call
      1. Administrative Cabinet
        1. President - David Nuon: Present
        2. Vice President - Ian Goegebuer: Present
        3. Treasurer - Christopher Gomez: Not Present
        4. Secretary - Shane Satterfield: Present
        5. AESB Representative - Victoria Hatfield: Present
        6. Event Coordinator - Diana Ignacio: Present
      2. Appointed Officers
        1. Librarian - Anthony Gialcalone: Not Present
        2. Publicity and Recruitment Chair - Leo Tronolone: Present
        3. Market Manager - James Coolidge: Present
        4. Historian - Orion Sakorn: Not Present
        5. Office Technician - Johnny Patterson: Present 1:20pm
        6. Membership Chair - Lorbing Cano: Present
      3. Project Managers
        1. Programming Team - Salvador Llamas: Present
    2. Approval of the Agenda

      1. Motion of the floor: Approval of the agenda: [PASS]
        • First - Diana: pass
        • Second - Zak: pass
        • Discussion: None
    3. Approval of the Minutes

      1. Motion of the floor: Approval of the minutes: [PASS]
        • First - James: Doesn't matter because I was first.
        • Second - Victoria: Second
        • Discussion: None
    4. Announcements

      1. ACM-W
        1. Meetings Thursdays at 1pm in ECS 304.
        2. Lakewood Workshop at highschools on November 14th.
          1. We will need helpers for this. Contact chair@csulbwic.acm.org if you are interested.
      2. ACM-Web
        1. Meetings Thursdays at 4:30pm in ECS 304.
        2. They are starting their first two projects.
        3. Murgolo: If the web club would like to be a part of a project in the Siemens corporation, contact me. This could be a paid internship.
          1. Murgolo: If you have the interest and the qualifications, please contact me at frank.murgolo@csulb.edu
        4. There was another social network app proposed to ACM-Web.
      3. Events
        1. ICPC Regional Competition at Riverside on Saturday, November 10th.
        2. codejams on Wednesdays at 5pm to 7pm, in ECS 306.
      4. Someone lost their wallet at the Wreck-It-Ralph event. It was gold Coach wallet. If you found it, return it to Victoria.
      5. There is the github game contest. By the end of the month, you have to make a web-game based on one of the github functions.
        1. For more information, google github game off.
    5. Guest Introductions
      1. Daniel, computer engineering. I want to check out how to solve problems associated with computers.
      2. Kevin, computer engineering, because I like giving instructions.
    6. Reports
      1. Officer Reports
        1. President:
          1. David: I was not here much last week, so I am out of it.
          2. David: I will arrange with UCI ACM so that we can meet with them during the ICPC.
        2. Vice President:
          1. Ian: I am working on figuring out when to have a meeting for the 49er app. If you are interested, email me your schedule and what you are intereted in doing at vicechair@csulb.acm.org.
            1. Ian: We might be able to meet during the codejam for the 49er app.
            2. Ian: For the web app, we will have to talk with David to organize a time.
          2. Ian: It will probably be two meeting times to discuss how to split up the app.
          3. Ian: I will be at the code jams.
        3. Treasurer:
          1. We got a letter from the IRS. Someone from a while ago forgot to file something. Boushi and David will be looking at this tonight. We will have to reaffirm our non-profit status.
        4. Secretary:
        5. AESB Representative:
          1. Victoria: November 30th is campus safety night. They will go around campus and find things that are obviously not safe.
          2. Victoria: The John and Jon's scholarship is going on right now. You can do that on org synch. You will write an essay about why you love Long Beach.
          3. Victoria: Spring grants are available to apply now.
          4. Victoria: We don't have to go to the bbq event because of the ICPC competition.
        6. Event Coordinator:
          1. Diana: Thank you to everyone that came to Wreck-It-Ralph.
          2. Diana: The spring reservations for meetings are open. We will have to organize that with the USU/ASI people.
        7. Librarian:
        8. Publicity and Recruitment Chair:
        9. Market Manager:
          1. We need a restock.
            1. James: I will do this at 10 am.
          2. Ian: ACM-W is selling popcorn ($1) and hot-cocoa ($0.50).
        10. Historian:
        11. Office Technician:
      2. Projects Reports
        1. Programming Team
          1. The ICPC Regional competition will be this Saturday, November 10th. Our 12 participants will be in riverside and will represent CSULB in this event.
          2. This Thursday, instead of a programming team practice meeting, we will be celebrating Nathan's birthday at Fuddruckers.
            1. More information is on the facebook event page.
          3. reddit.com/r/dailyprogrammer
            1. Ian: If you want some practice with logic and just coding, this has good problems for that.
          4. Sal: I recommend that you print out problems that you have solved, because you can take them to the competition.
          5. Team Names:
            1. Undeclared Identifiers
              1. Johnny, David Martel, Lynn
            2. 2 Davids and a Shane
              1. David Nuon, David Nguyen, Shane
            3. The Night Stabbers
              1. Leo, Danny, Keith
            4. Team Jose
              1. Jose, Ian, Ruben
          6. Sal: Get there form around Friday night at 8pm. The earliest check-in is at 5 pm.
        2. Daily 49er App
          1. Ian: If you want to work on this, install Idea IDE. It is difficult to install, so contact me if you need some help.
            1. Ian: I will be at the next Code Jams.
            2. Ian: Please install android before you get to the code jams. It will take a long time.
          2. Ian: If you have an interest or something that you specifically want to work on, send me an email about it.
          3. David: I would start making the shell and the UI, and start making some of the backend.
            1. Ian: We will be making a dummy library to start pulling from the server.
            2. Ian: There is still a lot of work to do even before we touch the server.
          4. Ian: We will make a small server off of the acm computer.
        3. Web Portfolio Set
          1. David: I have been writing a lot of tests. Check out the other branches. When you check the repo for the project, don't just look at the master branch, but look at the other branches as well.
            1. David: Always remember to commit.
          2. David: Mockups have been placed in the github repository.
          3. David: I have sent out guideline for how the mockups will work and how github works.
          4. David: There will be a meeting for this during the codejam.
          5. David: This project lives on github.com/csulbacm. You can follow this repository.
          6. David: Send your schedules to Ian and I will be coming up with a meeting time.
          7. David: This app is beginner friendly.
      3. Committee Reports
    7. Old Business
      1. If you are looking for MSDNAA accounts, talk to Nathan Pickrell. He can set you up with an MSDNAA account. You can also talk with EAT and they can set you up with an account.
        1. David: If you have an expired MSDNAA account, send me an email at chair@csulb.acm.org and I will send it to the propper person.
    8. New Business
      1. Shirts
        1. Victoria: If you don't like something tell me now so that I can change it.
          1. Ian: Let's go with CSULB yellow. The text on the back would need to be black and dark blue.
          2. Diana: We are aiming for lively colors.
        2. Victoria: The shirts are $10 pre-order, and $15 afterwards.
      2. Web Portfolio Set Demo
  2. Adjournment 1:46 pm