Officers

Meeting Documents

Minutes for 2012-12-04

  1. Call to Order 1:05 pm

    1. Roll Call
      1. Administrative Cabinet
        1. President - David Nuon: Present
        2. Vice President - Ian Goegebuer: Present
        3. Treasurer - Christopher Gomez: Not Present
        4. Secretary - Shane Satterfield: Present
        5. AESB Representative - Victoria Hatfield: Present
        6. Event Coordinator - Diana Ignacio: Present
      2. Appointed Officers
        1. Librarian - Anthony Gialcalone: Not Present
        2. Publicity and Recruitment Chair - Leo Tronolone: Present
        3. Market Manager - James Coolidge: Present
        4. Office Technician - Johnny Patterson: Not Present
        5. Webmaster - David Nguyen: Present
      3. Project Managers
        1. Programming Team - Salvador Llamas: Present
    2. Approval of the Agenda

      1. Motion of the floor: Approval of the agenda: [PASS]
        • First - Victoria: No, and I was first.
        • Second - James: NULL pointer
        • Discussion: None
    3. Approval of the Minutes

      1. Motion of the floor: Approval of the minutes: [PASS]
        • First - Victoria: first
        • Second - James: Zeroith
        • Discussion: None
    4. Announcements

      1. Orion Sakorn (historian) and Lorbing Cano (membership chair) have resigned.
      2. Last meeting of the semester.
      3. ACM-W
        1. Diana: This Thursday will be our last meeting as well. We will have a group photo.
        2. Diana: We will talk about the ACM* meeting.
      4. ACM-Web
        1. David: The Ruby's fundraiser was good.
    5. Guest Introductions
    6. Reports

      1. Officer Reports
        1. President:
          1. David: I need to renew keys. I will be sending information.
          2. David: There are no officer changes so I will be sending the same information as last time.
          3. David: Please remind Christopher to send me his schedule.
        2. Vice President:
        3. Treasurer:
        4. Secretary:
        5. AESB Representative:
          1. Engineering potluck
            1. Victoria: This is on Thursday, and each organization will have to go.
          2. Victoria: Grants expire November 30th
          3. Victoria: Lab hours are extended to 2am.
          4. Victoria: There will be a pre-engineering major.
        6. Event Coordinator:
          1. Christmas Pamphlets
            1. David: I can get these done fast, but I need names and content. I also need a template.
        7. Librarian:
        8. Publicity and Recruitment Chair:
        9. Market Manager:
          1. Winter Restock
            1. Coke, we need coke
            2. Water
            3. Mountain dew
          2. James: Steve gave me a list. If you want to take 323, and you don't want to take it with a certain teacher, then you should put your name and signature on this list.
        10. Office Technician:
        11. Webmaster:
          1. Davee: This is my first meeting as webmaster.
      2. Projects Reports

        1. Daily 49er App
          1. David: Campus has not been responding. We won't be getting access to their server anytime soon.
            1. Ian: I say we should write the server ourself.
          2. Ian: I will try to send out emails after finals so that people can start working on it. We will write up the server over break.
        2. Web Portfolio Set
          1. Demo: Automated testing
        3. Programming Team
          1. Motion of the floor: Amend the charter so that Sal is no longer an officer: [PASS]
            • First - Sal: I am not going to be attending anymore.
            • Second - Ian: Bye Sal.
            • Discussion: None
      3. Committee Reports

    7. Old Business
      1. Classes
        1. David: Send your schedules to Shane and we will plan a meeting time for next semester.
          1. David: The meetings will possibly be at 1pm
        2. Reserving conference room.
          1. David: I still need to talk to Anthony before I reserve the room.
      2. Engineering projects exibition
        1. Sal: E-Week is coming at the end of February. The Dean wants this, where everyone shows off their projects. There may or may not be projects.
          1. David: We will most likely not be able to supply financial support to the robot competition.
          2. Sal: We will need to talk to more of the orgs and this will probably be next semester because we are strapped for cash.
      3. The books are sitting outside the office. 1. David: I'm going to give them a call today to see how it 's going to work. 1. David: We will be taking another round of books next semester, but we will have to plan it out.
      4. Windows 8 Fest
        1. Nathan: We need a speaker for this event.
        2. David: I like the flash drive idea, but only if we only do a few.
        3. David: Let's get a price list together.
      5. Thor Bot of Thunder
        1. David: We will talk to Frank about this after finals.
    8. New Business
      1. Meeting during the winter for acm*
        1. Diana: We are going for a big publicity push next semester.
        2. David: We shouldn't just do shirts. They won't be able to wear them very often.
        3. David: We will need things like posters and stickers.
        4. David: Let's talk with more of the professors.
        5. David: Let's talk with Julia about when we are going to meet during the winter.
    9. Closing Comments
      1. Happy holidays!
  2. Adjournment 1:47pm
    1. Good luck on finals!